B6 - Intermittent bogging/missing after changing crank sensor

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

DUB-VADER

B6 - Intermittent bogging/missing after changing crank sensor

Post by DUB-VADER »

Hi,

I have a 2006 B6 2.0 TDI Passat, I recently had the crank sensor replaced due to an issue where the car suddenly went into limp mode after warming for 5 minutes. Changing the crank sensor (Garage ran diag and came up with this fault) has resolved that issue but I now get an intermittent bogging down whilst driving (As though someone is pulling the car back or suddenly bunny hops). This fault only starts to occur after around 5-10 minutes (After it's warmed up) and it is only for a split second, if I put my foot down for a moment then it seems to clear but will come back again in a few minutes or not at all. It's more noticeable in the lower gears, if i do 30 in 3rd gear you can guarantee it will happen at some point.

I recently had an oil change, fuel filter, clutch fluid change & gearbox oil change. I took it back to the garage and they could not replicate the fault and it does not throw up any error codes or warning lights either. I'm at a bit of a loss.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, it's starting to grate on me now. Could you help shed some light on possible causes?

*Just to add, whenever you accelerate you can hear a definite hiss until you take your foot off or stop accelerating. It feels sluggish when accelerating as well.

Thanks.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login