Emission workshop fault / limp mode

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

kfet
still on the production line
Passat model: B5, B6

Emission workshop fault / limp mode

Post by kfet »

Hi,

I'm having a rough time with my 06 wagon at the moment. 2.0 tdi BKP. It's on and off in limp mode so I'm assuming something is just borderline out of spec. I'm getting the motor lamp on and the "emission workshop" message on startup. Using a budget VAG scanner I get the following fault codes:

Mass air flow sensor (G70): Implausible signal: P0101

Altitude Sensor / Boost pressure sensor implausible correlation: P1592

I believe one or both of these are causing the limp mode..? Any recommendations on what to check first? I see the genuine mass air flow sensor is not super cheap so I'm wondering if there's any way to test if it's faulty before ordering one...? Similar with the boost pressure sensor I guess, although it's less expensive. Do these things normally fail? Car has done nearly 200,000 kms.

I also get two more fault codes, which I believe are not directly related to the limp mode issues..?

Pump-Jet valve: Cylinder 1 (N240): Implausible signal: P1260

Pump-Jet valve: Cylinder 1 (N240): Regulation range exceeded: P1261

I think this could be related to the other issues I'm experiencing:

Issue1: When the engine is warm it can be difficult to start, requiring a lot of cranking before it fires. Always starts straight away when cold, even in severe cold! (I'm in Norway).

Issue2: There is little torque available below 2000rpm. But it really kicks when getting past that swampy rev range... Poor spray from jet 1 at low revs?

Note: The turbo was recently replaced due to siren sounds. No real difference in performance after and definitely no change in low rev torque.

I'm just living with these symptoms at the moment but should really get to the bottom of it before I start disliking the car :sad:

Suggestions welcome!

Cheers, Kristian

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login