Weird Noise from my car

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Xxsamgoxx
Passat model: B6

Weird Noise from my car

Post by Xxsamgoxx »

Hi I’m new to this forum so I’m sorry if this has been posted before. So my lovely 2006 passat auto has been off the Road for a couple of months it needed a new caliper my father owns a garage but it had been way to busy to squeeze my car in to be repaired!! Anyway the day of repair (Thursday just gone) I needed to get a new battery as mine had died a terrible death We fitted the battery and it started making this strange crackling noise when the engine is off. The mechanic came to see but by this point the noise had stopped. Roll forward to today. My lovely husband powdercoated my alloys for me and I painted my calipers the car was on the ramp and I was painting away and the entire time this crackling noise was going on. None of us can figure out where it’s coming from or what is causing it but it sounds like it’s from the front end of the car I was painting the drivers side caliper and could hear it more that side than the passengers or even the rear end of the car. The car starts and drives wonderfully no issues there I don’t hear it when I’m driving it’s litrally when it’s parked up. I’m wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and what is was?
My car is a 2006 B6 Estate 2.0 Diesel it’s automatic. By far my most favorite car to drive anyone’s advice would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to upload a video of the sound but for some reason it won’t upload.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login