130 TDI PD Estate - Smoking on start up and when warm

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

130 TDI PD Estate - Smoking on start up and when warm

Post by 2908642343 »

Hi;

Am new to this forum but have been a member of the OMOC site for Opel Manta's for many years. Have just finished building a new Manta GTE hatchback from the last remaining untouched shell in Europe.

This is my 2nd Passat estate 130PD TDi that i have owned. The 1st one lasted me about 2 yrs 6 months, covered 60k miles before it got written off. ops.

Was impressed with it so bought exactly the same ar again but in a different colour.

I have a quite a simple problem i think that i need some advice and guidence to point me in the right direction.

The car is now 4 yrs 6 months old and just covered 100k miles, has been serviced as required by VW, except i change the oil and filter about every 8k miles.

On start up now it has started to smoke quite a bit and smokes when you put your foot down. There does not seem to be any loss of power that i can tell still pulls to 120ish without to much trouble, still get about 42 to the gallon, have never managed to get much more than that since i have owned it. Car has always used a bit of oil, about 1 ltr every 10kish miles.

Any suggestions on what is causing the smoking?

Valve guide oil seals?
Turbo ?

Or?

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Tks

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login