Leaving the fold with a heavy heart

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

liverpoolee
B5
Passat model: B6 highline(140)

Leaving the fold with a heavy heart

Post by liverpoolee »

Well chaps, new mot rules regarding dpf in May have forced my hand. The B6 is no longer mine.
It was due a cam belt and it had the 77mm key in the oil pump so I decided to make a clean break. Drove all the way up to Lincolnshire to part ex her for an ex demo Kia ceed gt. I wouldn't even have considered a Kia until I had to buy the Mrs a picanto when she passed her test last year. Their cars are superb these days and they're a cracking company to deal with as well, unlike vw.
The ceed gt has every concievable extra on it and 6 years full warranty left and it's swift as f#@k :D . I also don't know how I lived without a heated steering wheel :wink:. The only downside was driving up to get it I was getting 66mpg. Coming back was 39mpg :shock:. Because the Mrs is driving now I'll only do about 3000 miles a year now anyway so I wasn't bothered about buying a thirsty little beast.
Just like to thank everyone on here over the years for literally saving me many hundreds of pounds in garage bills with their superb knowledge on the Passat. I know the car and brand has many faults but she has been exceptionally reliable for me. Flown threw 6 mot's without a hint of a problem. Only for the war on diesels i would have kept the car forever.
I'll still pop in every now and then if I can answer anyone's questions.
Over and out......lee

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login