RNS310 / Radio intermittent fault - switching off - restarting

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

jwpalfrey

RNS310 / Radio intermittent fault - switching off - restarting

Post by jwpalfrey »

Hi All,

I'm getting an increasingly more frequent fault on my 2010 passat CC tdi. The head unit (RNS310) randomly re-starts. It only happens when the engine is running (and so far when moving).

It doesn't happen when the engine is off.

I can't attribute it to any other function on the car, I've messed with all switches and buttons but nothing seems to cause it. I've messed with the DCC to stiffen suspension over bumps etc to see if it's a loose connection, but there's no correlation to bumps, braking or accelerating. It happens randomly, sometimes 6 or 7 times in a few mins from starting, other times it can last 15 -20 mins then just switch off and come back on again.

I've ordered a VAG code reader given I'm having problems with VCDS, just wondering if anyone has any advice, I've read there could be battery issues or earth cable issues.

It seems to be a CANbus issue where something is telling the unit to re-start? I may be wrong. I've checked my footwell carpets for water (old C5/B5/b5.5 issue) but they are bone dry.

Odly enough I also have a problem with the mirror switch that the RH adjusts both mirrors simultaneously, however the LH operates as normal.

The car is standard other than a few light upgrades (Xenon & LED).

Any help appreciated, apologies I don't have any fault codes as yet, but if anyone is in the Bicester, Warwick, Coventry area and would help with scanning it would be appreciated until my reader arrives.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login