Newbie Needing Help Air Con / Blower problems

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Treble_T
Passat model: CC 2.0 litre TDI

Newbie Needing Help Air Con / Blower problems

Post by Treble_T »

Good morning
I'm a new member and have a 2011 Passat CC 140 bhp.
I am having intermittent problems with the blower / air conditioning Climatronic unit and don't know where I can go with my problem.
In the mornings the blower occasionally works and the air will blow over the windscreen etc as requested.
If I go back into the car a few hours later and try to put the climatronic unit on, there is no air flow at all but the display is lit up as if the air was
still blowing. You can also hear the movement of the vents etc which indicates that the control of the vents etc is still operable - it's just that there is no air flowing through them.
To add to my confusion, it was very cold this morning -1°C and the unit worked as though it was brand new. :-o

At first I thought it was an air conditioning problem and suspected I needed the refrigerant topped up, but if it was just the 'gas' that was low, I would still expect the blower to still work but sadly that is not the case. The Climatronic unit seems to have a mind of it's own.
I have searched the forum for similar problems using the search tool but nothing pops up.
Any advice respectfully accepted :-bd
Treble_T

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login