TURBO WHISTLE, LOSS OF POWER PLEASE HELP 2.0 TDI

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

chizzle3110
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

TURBO WHISTLE, LOSS OF POWER PLEASE HELP 2.0 TDI

Post by chizzle3110 »

Hi Guys

I have had a search through the forum and cant find a topic relating to my problem so here goes (appologies if there is one out there)

I have had a throttle body fault light on the car for about 3 month which has not effeted the car in any way, cheked with the garage who reset the code, so I have drove it without issue.

Last week I was pulling away from a roundabout and the car lost power and I was unable to pull away (like I had lost the turbo), ever since there has been a whistling sound when accelerating which sounds like a fighter jet trying to take off. Took it to a garage who had it for 3 hours, called me up and advised the fault shows as a Manifold flap, I asked him if he could see anything under the car to which he gave me a load of garabage in that its best to go to the dealer blah blah (so basically he had not bothered to look and charged me for it)

Manifold flap from the dealer is £432 and im not even sure that this is the cause, the engnine sounds like the turbo is spinning fine but there is no power, had a look under the car myself and there is no obvious pipe splits etc

A few people have suggested the turbo vacumm control valve may be faulty but I have no idea were this is

ANY HELP YOU GUYS CAN GIVE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Thanks Chizzle

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login