Help! ABS and ESP Lights are on after battery change

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

AdamDevon
Passat model: CC

Help! ABS and ESP Lights are on after battery change

Post by AdamDevon »

ABS and ESP Lights are on after battery change

I am hoping somebody will recognize this problem. My car battery just died a few days ago,
I called breakdown hoping for a jump start so I could go over to Halfords. The breakdown guy had spare batteries with him and fitted one for a price cheaper than I had seen at Halfords.
However after he fitted it I noticed that the ABS and ESP warning lights were now on I mentioned to him that they were not on before and he had one of those little scanner things that he plugged in. He couldn’t see what the problem was and told me to drop in to the garage where he worked out from and they would scan it with bigger scanner.
I did that and spent an hour or so at the garage the next afternoon where they scanned it. They still couldn’t see what the problem was.
A friend of the mechanic who worked for VW told him that usually these lights go off after a short time and he told me to drive it for a few days then come back to him if it still wasn’t back to normal.
I looked though these and other forums and saw that after a battery change you should turn the steering wheel full lock to full lock I did this but still no joy.
I should also mention that I have no ‘auto hold’ either this is due to the ESP light being on I believe. My car is a 2009 Passat TDI GTI CC(DSG)
Any help here would be very welcome.

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login