Electronic hand brake problem

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Wayne1234
Passat model: B6

Electronic hand brake problem

Post by Wayne1234 »

Hi,I have a 2007 2.0tdi estate sport I have a park brake light come on the dash which stays on, the ABS light is on, and the dash is saying change pads but they are fine, the guy who own the car before me changed them so they only done a few 1000.
my ellectronic handbrake won't release itself after applying it, I have to press the button every time.
Also after each time the car has been parked, turned off, and get back in start and drive off, until I have drove a couple of corners or gone over a certain speed (not sure what or why) the brakes grind and can feel judder on the brake pedal, then the ABS light goes off and the judder goes away completely.
A macanic I know said that it was the hand brake ECU.
Can anyone tell me where it's located on the car please?
Also I called a parts dealer who said they don't sell them and have to go direct to main dealer, he said I can't fit a used one, is that correct? as I've seen them cheap 2nd hand, but a few different part numbers.
Don't really won't to pay main dealer prices if I can help it.
TiA to anyone who can tell me where the ECU is located, cars on my drive badly need it on the road and Moted

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login