Oil warning light

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

scooby111
B2
Passat model: B6

Oil warning light

Post by scooby111 »

Today I drove from Manchester to Kent. I stopped at the services on the m1. We had refreshments then I went to start the car and got an oil warning light with the message check oil. I checked the level which seemed ok but I added a bit anyway. Tried again and message didn't come back and the drove fine with no problems and to Kent in traffic a good distance and about two to three hours.
When I arrived at the destination I shut the engine down and give it a few minutes and tried again. I got the yellow oil can with waves underneath warning. Checked the oil level again and it was fine!
Let the cool down and went back to it, tried it again and no warning message.
It's a bkp 2008 with the geared knd modded oil pump done by a reputable garage with plenty of experience in doing that job!
I'm obviously a bit worried but I don't think there is anything wrong. No limp mode or noticeable change in performance! No warning symbols could it be due to the temp, the car rarely gets a good run and is well maintained!

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login