Flat spot at about 1700 revs

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

lenny1097
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

Flat spot at about 1700 revs

Post by lenny1097 »

Hi,
My 2008 Passat (07 reg) 2ltr diesel, 128,000 miles has developed a flat spot on the engine. It seems to be getting progressively worse but not really bad yet. There are no error lights or warnings appearing. The flat spot seems to work in all gears.
It is amazing how often i seem to be running at between 1700 and 2000 revs. If I am plodding along in Third or fourth at between those revs the engine seems to stutter a bit and just seems to run a little rough. It is very noticeable. It is the same in all gears at those revs. If I am accelerating, especially in the higher gears, the engine has a little stutter at about those revs. Often I will be in that range when I might accelerate and recently the stutter seems to happen noticeably every time now. Any idea what might be causing this? I have tried putting a fuel additive (a carbon cleaner aimed specifically at the injectors)in but this hasn't seemed to make any difference. It might have done for a couple of weeks but then again I think that might have just been me thinking it helped. Surely it did something! it was £10 :D (It didn't).
I have access to VCDS but haven't used it much if that might help?
Thanks for any advice.
Cheers

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login