Has my car been remapped?

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

TRW88
B1
Passat model: B6 Sport

Has my car been remapped?

Post by TRW88 »

So, I've had my 170 sport saloon for 6 months or so, and it's booked in for a remap in a couple of weeks. After a long motorway run last night I thought I'd test the 0-60 time, to see how it compared to after the remap. Not because I'm looking to improve the 0-60, but because it's an easy way I can measure any improvement.

So I did 3 runs last night, the quickest of which was 6.8sec, and an average of 7.2sec. However using my Mrs to count down and time on her phone isn't an exact science I know, so taking the times with a slight pinch of salt. That being said, I looked up what the 0-60 time for the car should be, and it was over 8 seconds...over a second slower!

So the question is, does this mean the car must have already been mapped by a previous owner? I think I'd still like to have it mapped and on the rolling road, so I know for sure. Should I tell the garage/insurance company that I think it might have already been mapped?

Cheers guys.
B6 Saloon Sport - BMR - 207bhp/339lbs - Eibach Pro Kit

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login