Pulling my hair out what's left of it, probs with b6 ........

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

kevandjayne
still on the production line
Passat model: b6 estate

Pulling my hair out what's left of it, probs with b6 ........

Post by kevandjayne »

Hi all any advise please, we been struck with problems with our 2ltr Passat 08.

First prob was a year ago it started going into limp mode when towing, was fine when not towing... got out vcds and came up overboost, looked that up on here and did a turbo clean, all good felt like a new car.......

Now back to today,

Towing again to go on holiday and guess what.... limp mode hits us..... stopped and restarted car and within 2 miles comes on again... there goes our holiday, return home with wife and kids screaming at me..

So I did turbo clean again, this sorted the overboost but then get underboost looked into this and am puzzled....

Thought I sorted it but no.. couple of days later the car goes in limp mode when not towing,, again underboost. Now I'm not happy.... and my ear basing from wife getting worse.....

Checked all hoses etc for air leaks but not found anything, I did find a hole in the bendy crimpled pipe from the filter (between engine and maf sensor) repaired that, and seems ok...... pipe from top of engine to big air pipe seemed loose so have put a pipe clip on to tighten that,, so far seems ok....... but then

Last night was out, parked car up, and was told to move it, unlocked car jumped in and the bl00dy thing would not start,, put foot flat on pedal and it wanted to but didn't start... got out locked it waited a min unlocked and no probs it was like I jumped into another car..... on way home later that night engine management light came on again, today put on vcds and it came up with camshaft sensor position fault,

Cleared that and took car for a good fast run and again seems like another car..... the starting prob has happened to my wife twice in two years.....

I'm now pulling my hair out and don't know what to do as I have totally lost faith in her....( the car not the wife lol)

Please help......

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login