’06 Passat Diesel Particle Filter and Engine Management Lights – HELP!

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mattk933
Passat model: B6

’06 Passat Diesel Particle Filter and Engine Management Lights – HELP!

Post by mattk933 »

I own a 56-reg Passat B6 2.0 TDi (3C2376) with just over 80k miles on the clock.

Last Saturday I was running some errands around town and the Diesel Particle Filter light can on. I thought this was a bit strange as I am currently commuting 70-miles each way, three times a week mainly motorway driving.

The following day I was due to do about 30-miles which I thought would give it a bit of a run out, but when I can to drive it the Engine Management light was on. I did the journey and just as I was arriving the Diesel Engine Pre-Glow light started flashing.

After about three hours I can to go home, all lights still illuminated/flashing. The car drove OK and I managed to do the 30-miles home albeit with a feeling of a bit less power.

On Thursday a mobile mechanic came to have a look but said there was no obvious problems (other than the DPF) and he would need to do a forced regeneration. Unfortunately, the traffic on the dual carriageway by my house was solid, so he asked me to do it the following night.

This brings us to last night. I took the car out for about 20 miles and still the DPF was illuminated. Then the Pre-Glow light started flashing so I decided to err on the side of caution and return home.

Today all three lights are on and using my little home fault code reader the only code I can retrieve is “P2002 Particle Trap Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1”.

I have read a few of the threads where other owners are describing similar problems. Some have suggested replacing the Exhaust Pressure Sensor. Is this worth doing before/after a forced regeneration?

Any other hints or suggestions would be gratefully received.

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login