Passat B6 rear wheel tracking and alignment problem

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Yuri
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5 , B6

Passat B6 rear wheel tracking and alignment problem

Post by Yuri »

Hi everyone. I thought i'd share my experiance with you. Last summer we were planning a trip to Lithuania from UK by car. In order to so i took our B6 passat 2009 2.0tdi CR in for service and overall check up before long trip. I had oil and all filters change,also two new tyres and track/align done on front and rear. I been warned by mechanic that it might be a problem to do track/align on rear axle,because bolts and eccentric washer can and do get really rusty and that stops them moving one way or the other. That was the case with our car and i was offered to replace both suspension arms at price of 370£ plus labour. I asked mechanic how bad was track/align on rears and he said that it was not bad,very slightly,so i decided to leave it till i get to Lithuania and sort it there,because its cheaper. When i took car to the garage in Lithaunia,yhey told me that it common fault and that you can buy just replacement bushes and new bolts,eccentric washers and nuts and sort it out without buying new arms. I was happy with that and went ahead. My bill was 190euro for parts,work and tracking/alignment. Part were used to the job were : bushes Lemforder, bolts,washers and nut were original vw parts.
It might help someone to save few quid. I might be able to help and get bushes if somebody interested,but not sure of prices now because pound to euro exchange is pritty bad now,but can find out.
Yuri

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login