2.0tdi juddering problems

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Putopimp
B1
Passat model: B6

2.0tdi juddering problems

Post by Putopimp »

So my car judders quite bad at high rpms when under high stress, like when I have the foot down, which is always, but especially noticeable if I do so in hills going up, like in a bridge say..

So I've consulted several people and some say its injectors or fuel filter, I took the cheaper option (filter) and the problem went away, this was like 6 months ago, around the same time I moved to my new address which means I do super short trips (6/7min from home-work) city driving, my mechanic told me the filter was all clogged and this makes senses coz I've been acting stupid at that time leaving the tank really low several times and this issue would come HARD always after I refilled the tank...
3 months later the problem showed up again, so I changed the filter myself and the problem went away, only to come back a month ago so I changed the filter a 3rd time and went away again but literally as soon as I left the tank below a quarter deposit (only a week after I changed the filter) the issue came again...! Now I am left wondering if the problem is the filter or whether it would be injectors blocked or something?

I'm sceptical to change the filter a 4th time in 6/7 months.. I mean unless I have a load of poo floating in my tank I shouldnt have these problems with the filter? I also added 3 bottles of different sorts of injector cleaners in the past 3 weeks, no change!

It don't cost much to get the injectors checked (£15 each) but I am just wondering if anyone would associate short distance trips to clogged filters? Whether you think its something else? I mean the loss of power is evident.. I must lose 15/20bhp with this issue...which again indicates to the filter being clogged but could this be possible?

This topic has 23 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login