Need general advice on 2.0TDi Estate! (Checks etc) N00b!

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

acattanach
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

Need general advice on 2.0TDi Estate! (Checks etc) N00b!

Post by acattanach »

So, I've had my April 2009 2.0TDi Highline Estate for a few weeks now. Done 2000 miles already, and loving it.

BUT I keep seeing the horror stories on here and the other forums. I'm looking for advice from you esteemed members on what I should be doing or checking!

It has a 1 year premium warranty and RAC cover from a Nissan main dealer that I've used for 20 years, who WILL look after me if it goes wrong, as we have 5 Nissans in the family, and this is my first non Nissan in those years!

It's done under 60k.
4 new (Oct) Pirellis
FSH.
Dealer did the cambelt, some brake pipes, all brake pads, washer bottle and pump,an 84 point check as well as service and MOT last month. (The bill from his service dept to sales was £800+vat, I saw it!)
I've scanned with Torque and a Bluetooth module - no errors at all.
Garage that fit headunit scanned with Autel Maxiscan - no errors at all besides a brake light over voltage???
It's a CBAB engine (CBA090401)

Where do I check if it's had a recall,or if it needs the oil pump wotsit doing?

All advice welcome! I used to work on my own cars years ago, but not had a car out of warranty for many years until now. I'm a computer manager by trade so quite tempted by VCDS etc but not plunged in yet.

Thanks in advance!

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login