HID Upgrade issues can't find a solution on the search

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

GavMc P11GT
B1
Passat model: B6

HID Upgrade issues can't find a solution on the search

Post by GavMc P11GT »

Hey folks

I bought a 35W 6k canbus HID upgrade kit for the passat and it works fine even the lamp fault indicator works as it should i had a faulty ballast with my first set they sent sometimes the driver side lamp would not fire first time and id get the lamp off message that got replaced and we are all good or so i thought!

when fitting these i tested them with the ignition on but the engine off and the dipped beam fired up and was great i then tried the halogen full beam on and just flashing this worked fine also

however

when the engine is running the hid work fine no issue until i ever need to flash the full beam or turn on the full beam when i do this with the engine running my hid"s flicker for as long as i have the full beam on eventually the hid's will shut down until i turn the lights off and back on then we are all good again.

Also on my side lamps i was getting a flicker from the led's on start up sometimes putting a warning lamp on the dash even before they were switched on the fault would clear soon as i turned the lights on thats been solved now we used vcds to switch off parking lamp cold test off and it seems to have fixed the issue with no side effects.

SORRY IF THE HID ISSUE HAS REARED ITS HEAD AGAIN
i have searched but can't find anything similar to my problem - do i need any vcds coding to prevent the full beam halogen making my dipped beam hid flicker

cheers boys

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login