Help! Starting issue, driving me mad.

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Ben2662
Passat model: B6

Help! Starting issue, driving me mad.

Post by Ben2662 »

Hi all, I've been having an ongoing issue for the last 2+ weeks now and it's driving me mad.. different people are telling me different things so I thought I'd try and find a Passat forum and stumbled across this.

It's a 57 plate Volkswagen Passat estate 1.9tdi and the issue is with starting.

In the morning the car starts first time without any problem at all.. but after driving it, I stop, turn it off and it doesn't start again no matter how many times I try (Tried constantly for about 10 minutes each time). Even if I pop down the road which is a 2 minute drive to get some diesel, it doesn't start when I come back out and I have to roll it off the forecourt and bump start it (starts every time like this).

I find that if I leave the car for a long period (couple of hours or so) then it will start first time again.

Any suggestions on what it could be or has anyone ever experienced a similar issue?
I've been told it could be a battery which I will get checked when I get some free time, or it could be a faulty starter. I couldn't see how it could be one of these as what would explain it starting first time when left for a while?

The car isn't showing any warning lights or throwing up any codes and all the lights, radio etc work as normal even when the car won't start.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login