2006 b6 passat 1.9tdi bxe advice

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mricklerob
Passat model: b6

2006 b6 passat 1.9tdi bxe advice

Post by mricklerob »

hi all, in October last year, I bought a 06 1.9tdi s off a colleague for what the scrapman had offered him £150. its tatty, was used as a taxi for ages until my mate gave it up, as the clutch was playing up. in 2013 he had the camshaft done, and cambelt kit done last year again. anyhow, I took a chance, even with 277000 miles on clock sorted airbag warning, epb fault and took her for the dreaded. surprisingly it passed with a verbal message to get some tyres sooner rather than later.

ive treated it to 4 budgets, and a full service. the clutch problem was hydraulic, changed slave and master. when pedal removed we found it had collapsed internally. 2nd hand pedal all is good, and has been until this week. ive done about 1500 miles but in the last week, its been really sluggish when cold to the point there is hardly any throttle response. as you carry on, you suddenly feel it regain its power, and although it takes ages to get to 90 on temp gauge, when it does it absolutely flies considering its only 105bhp. its not loosing any coolant or oil, and there is no black smoke either. I have tried plugging my diagnostic tool in but no codes are stored pending etc. fuel consumption has dropped below 28mpg locally where I was getting about 35mpg

it starts on the button every time whatever weather, doesn't smoke at all even cold start below 0c. I don't want to throw loads of cash at it at the moment as I am undecided whether to look for a tidier auto one, but as she has really got me out of the preverbial after my last car packed up, for what it cost is it worth fixing up. the engine runs sweet when warm, and is quieter than some cars fitted with that engine ive heard.

also when idling you can feel a slight shudder whether that's related I'm unsure, but its intermittent. I would be greatful for any thoughts or advice anyone can offer. thanks rob

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login