OSF Front Headlight Bulb (OEM Xenon)

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Twincam
B3
Passat model: B5.5, B6

OSF Front Headlight Bulb (OEM Xenon)

Post by Twincam »

Hi all,

It seems this car is beginning to test me once again! Did over 400 miles yesterday with no issues - today I come to use her and the bulbs are giving me jiff.

The car was originally bought salvage with damage focused on the OSF. After I replaced all the damaged (jigging, wing, bumper, bumper washers/pipework, grilles, fogs, front bonnet, headlight, windscreen, dash, steering wheel, seat belts, slam, bumper iron, top plastics etc etc etc) parts, issues with the engine brought a halt to her being used (roller bearings from previous cam/top end work was left in the injector holes - when the injectors/loom were replaced the bearings dropped in and off goes the engine)...

As above, the OSF headlight was replaced for a brand new genuine VW unit a few years ago as the original one was damaged, the car sat unused since until 2016 when swapped the engine out (and did the oil pump/fly/clutch etc).

Driving home tonight I switched on the headlights and upon charging up the light beam was a lovely shade of pink... I've read up that I should replace this sooner than later as to prevent any damage to anything else??

What are my options? Are the bulbs replaceable or do I need to buy a complete headlight (£280ish on eBay)? Every search for xenon bulbs on eBay brings up the retro-kit HID's.

Thank you in advance.
2001 AWX SE Estate, 2002 AVF Sport Saloon, 2003 AVF Sport Estate, 2006 BKP SE Estate & 2006 BKP Sport Estate

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login