Car cutting out mid drive and not always starting

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Manikm
still on the production line

Car cutting out mid drive and not always starting

Post by Manikm »

Hi guys. We bought a 2nd hand 2006 1.6fsi passat last year. Generally it's OK but there are two sinister issues which if I can't resolve I will have to get rid of it.

Problem 1
Twice now it has cut out while driving. Ages ago I was driving along and I went to accelerate but nothing. I had to pull over and get it going again. This happened to my girlfriend midweek. Which is a concern cos we have a 10 month year old and this could be very dangerous if it happened on motorway for example. Twice we've been lucky cos no one has been behind us when it happened

Problem 2
Sometimes the car just will not start. The key is a 3 stage ignition thing where you out the whole fob in. First position unlocks steering. Second position tunes on electrics. Third position starts it.
On numerous occasions we have to try this about 30 times maybe more to get it started. Sometimes it starts, revs once and then dies. Eventually it goes again.
Other days it starts just fine

Now are these problems connected or isolated

Any ideas what they are? I reckon the person that sold car to trader knew of these issues and couldn't fix so got rid. They are not obvious problems to note when test driving a car when buying

Thanks for listening

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login