yellow steering wheel on dash ?

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

fenman666
B1
Passat model: B6 2.0 tdi sport

yellow steering wheel on dash ?

Post by fenman666 »

OK a bit long winded but here goes .... Last weekend I changed both front legs on the B6 and during the removal I switched on the ignition so I could move the steering left to right ... with legs replaced I went to start the car and all hell broke loose the dash was flashing up warnings etc any way It seems I had forgotten to switch off the ignition and the battery was basically flat.
So I charged the battery for a couple of hours and attempted to start it and all went good but the yellow s/w light and esp light were on ... no worries always happens after battery removal ...
Next vcds check, loads of faults that had not been there before so I removed them and all good :-bd

Now take car up the road to get rid of s/w and esp light ... esp off s/w still on ? clear with vcds fault shown torque sensor implausible signal ... clear this and and take for drive no problems no light steering working fine until I switch off ignition and restart, yellow wheel goes off and then comes back on before even moving ?

Check vcds same thing torque sensor implausible signal so I check sensor settings all working as they should left to right + - 1.15 steering feels fine terminal 15 OK basic setting OK
The only thing I did have happen was when one of the legs was off the hub dropped from the supporting block and pulled on the speed sensor wire (no physical damage seen ) but just saying. I checked with vcds and all speed sensors are registering OK .
My only theory is that possibly a wire from the sensor to the rack has pulled ? or flat battery has caused a coding fault ? Car drives fine steering fine just the blasted yellow steering wheel X( any ideas much appreciated :-bd

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login