Help/guidance Installing a reverse camera

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Speedy624
B1
Passat model: B6 1.9TDI SE

Help/guidance Installing a reverse camera

Post by Speedy624 »

I would like to install a reverse camera tomorrow and have been chasing a bloke for 2 weeks now. He always has a lot of cars on and can fit me in the beginning of April. :shock: :shock:

I would rather have a go at it myself and learn a thing or 2. I have never done this before but am willing to give it a go but do need guidance and have a number of questions.

I have looked at my car and the plastic cover in the boot which touches the bumper seems to pop off with some clips holding it together.

I want to route the cable under the carpet outlined in the picture below.

Under the carpet/board

Behind the seatbelt pillar/rest/panel...

Now does this simply pop off or do I need to look for anything specific? How do i get around/under it?

Do these trims pop off? I have noticed that I can pull them a little and push the cable in, should I do it or should I remove the whole trim, run the cable through and then replace?

How do I take the cover off this pillar? I don't really fancy messing with the above part as it hold the airbag. Do I follow the route of no.1 or no.2.

This is where I really get stuck and not sure where to go. I assume the cover on the right hand side will have to be removed to feed the cable in but where do I go from there?

How do I get the cable under the steering column and into the side so I can connect it to the back of the headunit? I have read a thread (pretty certain another forum) where the cable has been routed through the fusebox. Again i'm not sure where to go with the cable. Can anyone help with the easiest possible solution please?

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login