Passat b6 with poor/slow starting and other faults, HELP

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Kristian trainor
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

Passat b6 with poor/slow starting and other faults, HELP

Post by Kristian trainor »

Hi guys, Im new to the forum so thanks in advance for any help, I recently bought a dirt cheap 2007 Passat estate 2.0 tdi 170 DSG, car is amazing but I got it so cheap because it needs some love, I have a few issues I could do with some advice on, any help will be appreciated, il start with the most serious thing and work my way to the small issues :)

The car takes a good few seconds to start especially when cold, I've fitted a new battery which is helped but not fixed the issue, my first thought its glow plugs but I have no EMLs on the dash and the glow plug light goes out after a few seconds ( I've tried cycling the glow plugs but this doesn't help ) the issue with starting is present even when the engine is hot which makes me think I can rule out glow plugs ?

Another issues is I have not sound coming from both my front main door speakers, the tweeters are fine, rears are fine but just no sound from both main front door speakers, surely it's unlikely both speakers would 'blow' at the same time ? Could this be a fuse problem ?

I have a few other minor issues but il sort them at a later date :) thanks again

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login