CC EPC Issue, Petrol 2.0 TSI 2009 Engine Code CAWB

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

oleumkhaos
Passat model: B6

CC EPC Issue, Petrol 2.0 TSI 2009 Engine Code CAWB

Post by oleumkhaos »

The car has 80,000 miles and an independent garage FSH, except the last one which was done by VW. The car doesn't do a lot of miles now, being used once or twice a week for moderate to short drives.

Over the last year the Electronic Power Control (EPC) lamp has come on about once every couple of months but usually re-sets after switching off the engine. It tends to come on when idling or slowing down before coming to a stop; so with minimal to no load on the engine.

But last week, immediately after it's MOT (which it passed) the EPC lamp came on and the ECU switched to limp mode. I switched off, re-started and it cleared, temporarily...

In about 5-10 miles of driving this happened a couple more times but the last time the Exhaust Gas warning lamp came on as well as the EPC. I went to an indy mechanic who cleared them but unfortunately didn't note down the error codes, Doh!

After driving out from the garage the EPC warning popped up almost immediately and after about a mile the car lost power, hiccoughed / backfired / farted, so I pulled in and switched off.

After a few minutes, on re-starting, no warning lights and normal running!

After these events and about 4 days of normal driving the EPC light came on again, but was cleared after switching off.

So what's going on & what may need replacing?

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login