Looking to buy a Passat 2007

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ChrisH992

Looking to buy a Passat 2007

Post by ChrisH992 »

Hi All,

I'm on the lookout for a VW Passat B6 2.0 TDI. I'm basically doing more miles to get to work, so looking for something more fuel efficient that the petrol car i'm driving.

I'm got my eye on a 2007 2.0 TDI Sport 140. Its got FSH, with VW Service history until 2011. I've tried to find out a bit more about the injectors (Have read thats a major problem) but after phoning the VW Dealer it came from they have said that they are unable to provide me with any information on recalls for this call. They said that they're only able to give out service history.

Aside from injectors, are there any other issues I should be on the lookout for? I'm looking for a VW passat around the 70-80k mileage range.
I would've thought that if there were any issues with injectors (or any other parts known to have faults) with a 2.0 TDI BKP Engine that it would've either been fixed or broken by now, is it likely to just give out on me after I buy one?

Would appreciate any advice on buying a 2.0TDI with a BKP Engine. (I would buy a CR one, but I budgets don't allow!)

Thanks,
Chris

This topic has 21 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login