Tyre Pressure warning light staying on after stalling it !!

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

shady blue two
B1

Tyre Pressure warning light staying on after stalling it !!

Post by shady blue two »

Hiya,

My B6 170 Sport Manual Estate was ordered with the optional Tyre Pressure warning light. :idea: The idea is that if one of the tyres develops a puncture then the difference rotational speeds will be sensed(maybe by the ESP ?) :?: and the warning lamp should come on and a 'bing' audible warning sound :!: to warn you that all is not well with the tyres so get your self in a safe position and investigate ! 8)

I have always had a problem with mine; If I happen to stall the car :oops: and I restart the engine very quickly to get out of a tricky situation :oops: :oops: :( then the light will come on and stay on no audible 'bing' this time.

The light will stay on permanently while driving :( and the only way to get it reset is to take into a VW Dealer who reset it with their computer. :wink:

IF and it is a big IF I can after stalling it, I take the key thing right out wait a second or two then start again then all is well. I very rarely stall it these days except the other night when some drunken idiot staggered out into the road ! :twisted: :roll: I stalled it and got it going damn quickly, :shock: don't worry I didn't run over the said drunken idiot.

Has anyone else had the warning light come on after stalling ? VW are aware so my dealer tells me :(

Thankfully I very rarely stall it now !! :mrgreen:

Regards
Shady Blue Two

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login