B6 wheel upgrade

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

b6benb6
B1
Passat model: B6 Sport 140

B6 wheel upgrade

Post by b6benb6 »

My B6 has got a fairly grotty set of Le Mans 17 inch alloys, the laquer is shot to pieces, so rather than spending money refurbishing them I would prefer to change to a set of 18 inchers, what are my options with VAG alloys that will have the same or very similar rolling radius with the right tyres fitted and offset wise not cause any problems with rubbing etc?

My B6 wagon is standard ride height and always will be as I have a very steep driveway and a tow bar, I don't want the car to look jacked up if I do fit 18's, if that's the case I will find a set of replacement 17 inch wheels.

Any pointers would be gratefully received, I really like the fat fives, but using an online tyre comparison calculator seemed to suggest that the tyres they come with would have a 10% larger rolling radius, not sure if they come with different profile tyres or if they are all the same, if I see another set on ebay I will be able to compare.

This topic has 30 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login