Fuel cap issue

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

j4gz
still on the production line
Passat model: cc

Fuel cap issue

Post by j4gz »

Hi guys and hello from a VW Passat cc owner , i have encountered an few issues which i would like to get resolved with the help of the members of these forums and am also happy to help wherever i can. Firstly i went to the petrol station went to open the petrol flap by pulling on the button next to the boot open button and had no joy the boot however worked fine i was sat empty and confused as could not fuel up and did not have any idea how to access the fuel cap area. Finally after about an hour of waiting for the RAC and unlocking the car again the flap unlocked and then began working for a few days until a few days ago where i faced the same issue again. i then looked about on the net and didnt find much on my car which is a Passat cc 2.0 gt tdi with regards to the issue so i did a little investigating and managed to take the back interior panels of to access the area around the fuel cap i located the arm with the motor attached to it and unplugged the motor and took the arm out it looked fine and i checked if it was working against a 12v supply and some wires and it seemed to be working fine but when plugged in i get nothing . Can anybody tell me if there is a area where the fuses are apart from the bonnet area as i am lost ...lol and could it be a faulty switch or a fuse which is causing this problem but the boot switch works fine so am really confused ....

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login