Smoke on my 2.0 tdi

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

pmmcbl
B5
Passat model: B6

Smoke on my 2.0 tdi

Post by pmmcbl »

Hello all.

Before I start thinking OMG and ££££££, I wanted to check and ask a few questions to you all.

My car for the first time decided to let some smoke from the exhaust. It did in second gear under load at low speed. Once I noticed it did two more times but only in third gear and load, by that I mean around 1500rpm and then accelerate. After that no more smoke. All the times it happened the engine was warm and I wasn't trashing it. I went out again for a good run and no smoke.

Now, I heard when the dpf is regenerating the revs go up when parked. Is this right? Normally the rev counter sits much lower than today. When the smoke came the revs were sitting just under 1000rpm. If it's true the dpf was regenerating is it normal to have any smoke from the exhaust when applying load?

If the above is nonsense what could it be? Trying to think what colour the smoke was but felt more like steam look than white or even blue. Pretty confident it wasn't black. And I noticed since I could see it in the rear view mirror!

Feedback always welcome guys.
2009 B6 2.0 TDI 170 Sport estate

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login