B6 are junk

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T5 2.5 4MO Kombi

B6 are junk

Post by Mindriot »

As some may know my father has a 56 plate DSG S estate. Ive posted about it before.

He bought it from a main dealer with extended warranty he opted for which has a monthly subscription, but he has to pay the first £250 of any warranty work job.

So far hes had to shell out that minimum £250 4 times in 2 years for serious work.

Cracked flywheel, ruined tyres, broken springs, failed handbrake motor packs, crank sensors, cam sensors and other things too.

The other day swapping (rotating) his tyres I noticed an oil patch. The car went to the dealer.

Turns out the cover plate for the DSG gearbox mechatronics unit has corroded through! And of course its not covered by warranty, and because the car is close to its 80k DSG oil change that will need doing early. The car was just in being routinely serviced a couple of weeks ago at more cost.

£480 - £200 for the oil change and £280 for the work.

There was also a second leak, the bottom seal on the intercooler apparently - £142 for that work so not worth warranty charge and claim.

This useless car has in 2 years had work that would have totalled well in excess of its actual total value! In reality its probably getting close to £1500 spend in 2 years a normal car wouldnt have needed. If you factor in the extended warranty thats probably closer to £2250

I am utterly certain when I say I will never buy a B6/B7 VW, ever.

Hes retired and not too well off, this car has been a big mistake and Im really annoyed its costing him so much.

This topic has 64 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login