looking for a B6 2.0tdi 140 estate

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

v6vwcb2
still on the production line

looking for a B6 2.0tdi 140 estate

Post by v6vwcb2 »

Bonjour,

Anyone fancy chatting / volunteering advice on the new a B6 estate?

I'm looking for a 2.0 tdi 140 state. Probably an S, as it seems the best value to get a nearly new car. Seems like a few quircks about this deisel filter and the p.i.t.a handbrake.

So far it's about £15k for about 10k miles 57plate , or a more wallet friendly £12k for 30k-40k mileson an older one. But, I'm doing nearly 20k year now. 90% on the motorway as I only work 7 miles away. Has to be black! The sensible option seems to be the less than a year old one, but I'm not sure I can stretch to that. You have to draw the line somehere. You can get a decent Eclass 220cdi for just a wee bit more.

A friend of a friend has had probs with the 170 engine in a golf but says it's cos he does too many miles in the town and this filter thing suffers for it. Infact a dealser told me about that as well. Odd. Probably as he didn't have one - said they were as rare as hen's teeth.

What's the 4motion like? I heard it was the fwd with occaissional rear helping out - not like my current B5.5 V6 4motion. I saw a 140 sport 4motion advertised at a garage, but thought that may be a typo as I didn't think they did that? They seem to be extremly rare. I would love to stick to the 4motion, but they just look so difficult to get a hold of, and the 2.0 tdi 140 looks like much better value.

One difficlty I'm having is actually finding cars to try out! Took a 105 out, but it seemed to be struggling above 70.

Any info appreciated.

Danski - I just saw your name on a B6 thread. I trust you still have the beast?! Mine may be up for grabs soon....
2.0tdi B6 Black estate

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login