Boot rust issue VW aware!!

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

baldybouncer
B3
Passat model: B6

Re: Boot rust issue VW aware!!

Post by baldybouncer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:36 am

The rust on my touran has been turned down under warranty - not supprised ...

The corrosion is the same found on the boot of a passat b6 estate and is coming from around the rear number plate lights - waiting to hear how much good will they are prepared to offer... pathetic

baldybouncer
B3

Post by baldybouncer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:48 pm

UPDATE: WREXHAM VW have sorted it to 100% good will - finally getting somewhere!! There a decent garages around!

So result Passat 5% of cost (£50 of £1100) to replace bonnet and Touran 100% cost paid by VW!

So anyone having trouble - do not give up its worth the fight

sebp75
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: B6 wagon

Post by sebp75 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:50 pm

good on u, but mine fight is over. did have a call from VW again last week, after emailing both of the CEO's in UK and Germany and they still said that will be only 50% good will

baldybouncer
B3

Post by baldybouncer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:59 pm

Yes - I had to keep showing them up on twitter and facebook and eventually had an email from germany advising that UK VW would look into my issues again...

Do not give in !

max_gain
still on the production line

Post by max_gain » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:07 pm

baldybouncer wrote:UPDATE: WREXHAM VW have sorted it to 100% good will - finally getting somewhere!! There a decent garages around!

So result Passat 5% of cost (£50 of £1100) to replace bonnet and Touran 100% cost paid by VW!

So anyone having trouble - do not give up its worth the fight

Nice one baldybouncer ,,,,, Great result !!!! I couldn’t see how they would cover one vehicle, yet not another. Especially when by owning two VW's it shows loyalty to the brand !!

max_gain

Post by max_gain » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:36 pm

sebp75 wrote:good on u, but mine fight is over. did have a call from VW again last week, after emailing both of the CEO's in UK and Germany and they still said that will be only 50% good will
Don’t give in. The pure fact that they have offered you 50% Goodwill alone ??????? Never quite got that crock of Sh*T, but there,,, Is admission to the problem.

Bombard Facebook and twitter and ensure your talking to the management executive team. These are the ones with the clout !

If that fails, then it’s time to deal with them in the small claims court. I won’t guarantee this will work, but up to now, I have NEVER seen them actually attend court (un the best of my knowledge)and they have settled at the threat or on the day of the hearing. You will get all your costs back if you go down this route.

Hit the CEO again with a straight to the point letter that their offer is admission to the problem, tell them they have set a precedence by repairing others who are in the same position, stress the fact your problems are down to manufacturing defects and insist you will just deal with it in the small claims court and send them the data access request so you can gather as much evidence as possible for a potential court hearing.

It’s down to your insistence to fight your issues. I had no intention of paying to have my car repaired under their warranty and stressed the very point I would go to the small claims court. There are so many examples where they have set a presentence for repairing our cars. I was confident that it wouldn’t even make court and I never even had to apply to the courts. They just sorted it after offering a load of other stupid initial offers. I stuck to my guns and they relented.

Like I said, I can’t guarantee this method will get you results, but if I had to go through it again, this is the very stance I would take. One thing to note. The data access requests cost you a tenner, yet it costs them time and money as its dealt with by a firm of London solicitors. They are not keen to get these and the evidence you acquire strengthens your whole stance that you will not back down and will be used if it went as far as the small claim court.

The choice is yours.

sebp75
UKPassat's Possie

Post by sebp75 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:57 am

They adamant that the rust is there cause of the fittings and there for not covered by the 12 corrosion warranty but under the paint 3 years one.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

max_gain

Post by max_gain » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:42 pm

These are the same problems that we all have, yet we have managed to get them to cover it FOC.

Its just damage limitations to VW. The less they pay on every car, the larger their bottom line.

The poo they are giving you is no different from the same crock we have all heard. Your issues are identicle, if it the usual corroison around the reg plate lights.

RENT-A-GOAT
B5.5
Passat model: B6 Estate

Post by RENT-A-GOAT » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:02 pm

I was denied full repair by VW on my old B6 even after letters to Germany and UK head offices. I even tried the trying another dealership route which paid out in full for others, pulling them up on social media about it had posts deleted the same comments back call our customer services department and let's talk etc in the end I had an email asking me to stop posting on their Facebook page by the VW legal team. It still annoys me now especially as I see more and more cars of all models and ages having the exact same issues. I sold my VW problem on (surprised it went for what it did but new purchaser didn't seam bothered by the rust)

Oh well it's VW's loss as I went and bought a BMW and have so far talked out 4 family members and some friends away from buying a VW.

In the end the annoyance of the rust and hassle it was taking just made me have enough of it all contemplated court, contemplated getting the car sign written and parked outside the dealership with a rust warning but it just didn't seem worth the cost and effort.

Glad really because driving the BM straight 6 more than makes up for any VW I've ever owned or driven so in a way I'm grateful VW are so useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sebp75
UKPassat's Possie

Post by sebp75 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:12 pm

max_gain wrote:These are the same problems that we all have, yet we have managed to get them to cover it FOC.

Its just damage limitations to VW. The less they pay on every car, the larger their bottom line.

The poo they are giving you is no different from the same crock we have all heard. Your issues are identicle, if it the usual corroison around the reg plate lights.
I know they are.
Did point all of it with no luck, said about the forum, about u website and all but still no movement :((
Got a letter from VW today saying the same and that the 50% is final :-q
Don't know if there is any point to try different dealer, they have the claim on the system already and probably can't do another one ??

max_gain

Post by max_gain » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:29 pm

RENT-A-GOAT wrote:I was denied full repair by VW on my old B6 even after letters to Germany and UK head offices. I even tried the trying another dealership route which paid out in full for others, pulling them up on social media about it had posts deleted the same comments back call our customer services department and let's talk etc in the end I had an email asking me to stop posting on their Facebook page by the VW legal team. It still annoys me now especially as I see more and more cars of all models and ages having the exact same issues. I sold my VW problem on (surprised it went for what it did but new purchaser didn't seam bothered by the rust)

Oh well it's VW's loss as I went and bought a BMW and have so far talked out 4 family members and some friends away from buying a VW.

In the end the annoyance of the rust and hassle it was taking just made me have enough of it all contemplated court, contemplated getting the car sign written and parked outside the dealership with a rust warning but it just didn't seem worth the cost and effort.

Glad really because driving the BM straight 6 more than makes up for any VW I've ever owned or driven so in a way I'm grateful VW are so useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have not personally seen anyone loose court proceedings when an application was made to the small claims court as of yet, to get their manufacturing defects repaired under the warranty.

All the ones I am aware of, never even made it to court. VW settled beforehand.

I made it quite clear from the beginning that I was going to the small claims court if we couldn’t sort it between us. I sent the UK CEO a letter detailing all my issues along with a "data access request" (which they must lawfully comply by) to gather the relevant court evidence. The fact alone that they offer a "Goodwill" payment is admission to the defects we have on our cars.

I was then contacted by the management executive team who are able to grant 100% offers. They played the same silly games making other ridiculous offers. However, I stuck to my guns and told them it was not satisfactory.

Ha ha ha,, the best one was that the dealer would KINDLY up the offer to 60%, and then the actual dealer themselves told me that VW might pay the additional 40% in this case. Honest to god, I am not green enough to be suckered into such a farce and laughed whilst I was turning them down point blank.

After a lot of arguing my corner, politely may I add, they relented.

Now VW are literally bribing others, who followed this identical route, that myself and others succeeded in. They are specifically told that they will only repair FOC if the customer does not tell anyone else. They are told not to broadcast the fact on forums either and that it must strictly remain between them and VW

I don’t personally care to be quite frank. If someone asks how I achieved a good result and they replicate this, as long as they get their desired result it matters not to me whether I hear back from them again to be told VW PAID OUT !!

For me, It’s just about individuals getting the result they are happy with and that’s it.

My offer still stands for anyone who wishes to post me images of their corrosion, caused by VW’s MANUFACTURING DEFECTS, onto the WALL OF SHAME on my web-site. VW may be able to silence individuals from posting on the VW Facebook/twitter sites, but thy can’t stop ANYONE freely displaying the corrosion areas on their vehicles on a unaffiliated VW site.

http://www.corroding-volkswagens.com/ru ... -of-shame/

a7788
B1

Post by a7788 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:47 am

So who wants to hear a joke this morning?

Just phoned the dealer to see if they have had a reply from VW HQ regarding the claim - they have come back with the usual 50% however they put the claim value as £8k! :hyst That would be bonnet, 1 front wing, 2 rear quarters and the boot lid. Not sure if anything on the doors was taken into account. How I laughed!

Been told nothing more they can do and now need to get in contact with VW cust services.
2006 VW Passat 3.2 FSI V6 DSG 4Motion

a7788
B1

Post by a7788 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:53 am

Can someone please PM me the UK and German CEO's email addresses?

Thank you :)

aardvark4design
Passat model: B6 SEL+Sport 220

Post by aardvark4design » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:59 am

a7788 wrote:Can someone please PM me the UK and German CEO's email addresses?

Thank you :)
Please can i have these too?
170 (now mapped to 220) TDI SEL DSG in Graphite with factory fitted full sports spec (wheels, seats, suspension etc), adaptive xenons + cornering control, full knappa, auto tailgate, RCD 510, front & rear parking sensors, full privicy glass, Parrot, cruise, auto wiper, auto dip mirror, auto hold blah blah blah!
Get 10% off my graphics! http://www.aardvark4design.com

a7788
B1

Post by a7788 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:10 am

This is a useful site;
http://www.ceoemail.com/

baldybouncer
B3

Post by baldybouncer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:53 pm

I emailed this guy...

martin.winterkorn@volkswagen.de

And this got things moving.

As above my Passat is currently in having the bonnet replaced for 95% goodwill and my touran is going in soon for 100% goodwill. I was told on both that the corrosion was not covered but I fought with VW to get it done under 'goodwill'

I littered VWs social media outlets with photos and comments of my issues and this made them take note - its easy for them to ignore you currently - I would change this :) Make as much fuss as you can so prospective VW owners will see... it works...

good luck

a7788
B1

Post by a7788 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Thank you - That is who I emailed along with Alex Smith (UK CEO).

baldybouncer
B3

Post by baldybouncer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Thats who I contacted - You may have to email them a few times as they ignore the first few :)

Make sure you join twitter and let people know how VW are treating people trying to use the corrosion warranty - if you check the wording of the warranty documents their is NO mention of edge fold faults... Take them to court and you will win...

max_gain

Post by max_gain » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Link with useful contacts: http://www.corroding-volkswagens.com/new-page-5/

Baldybouncer is right. Take images of your corrosion and flood VW facebook and twitter accounts. Make yourself as visible as possible and send litters to Alex Smith. Martin Winterkorn will only forward hi onto Smiths department.

a7788
B1

Post by a7788 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:39 pm

Had a call this morning, they are investigating and will get back to me before the end of the week :)

a7788
B1

Post by a7788 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:03 am

Can someone please advise where I can get a copy of the original 12 year warranty? Been told it is not a warrantable claim as it is a paint defect and not through corrosion (even though they are still offering 50%) but even if that wasn't the case I would have issues claiming because it has been rusting for a while and it states numerous times in the warranty that it needs to be reported as soon as spotted - just want to get my facts straight.

max_gain

Post by max_gain » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:28 pm

a7788 wrote:Can someone please advise where I can get a copy of the original 12 year warranty? Been told it is not a warrantable claim as it is a paint defect and not through corrosion (even though they are still offering 50%) but even if that wasn't the case I would have issues claiming because it has been rusting for a while and it states numerous times in the warranty that it needs to be reported as soon as spotted - just want to get my facts straight.
I don't know if the original warranty says any more than the usual "Through corrosion" poo. It’s not unreasonable to think you would of not noticed the corrosion up until now perhaps and I don't think that much of an argument. The fact they have agreed to pay 50% is admission of the problem.

Those of us that have argued the fact our corrosion was caused by “Manufacturing Defects", which every problem is, and have sent "Data Access Requests" to VW showing we have every intention to take them to the small claims court, have got them to relent. I was prepared to get a report written report from a "Court Approved" assessor with NO TIES TO VW or recommended by them, in order to prove all my issues were manufacturing defects that VW and the industry are aware of.

It’s down to you how far you wish to go. They knew I would go to the courts because as soon as they started with this 50% factory goodwill poo I started the process gathering evidence and explaining what my course of action would be. The only person I know who got close to court, succeeded on the day before the hearing.
VW know they can’t win because they have set a presentence with me, the gentleman I just mentioned re. court action, who owns the site www.rustingvolkswagen.co.uk and others that have taken the same route we have. Naturally this route offers no guarantees of success, but its proven dividends up to now.

max_gain

Post by max_gain » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:29 pm

a7788 wrote:Can someone please advise where I can get a copy of the original 12 year warranty? Been told it is not a warrantable claim as it is a paint defect and not through corrosion (even though they are still offering 50%) but even if that wasn't the case I would have issues claiming because it has been rusting for a while and it states numerous times in the warranty that it needs to be reported as soon as spotted - just want to get my facts straight.
I don't know if the original warranty says any more than the usual "Through corrosion" poo. It’s not unreasonable to think you would of not noticed the corrosion up until now perhaps and I don't think that much of an argument. The fact they have agreed to pay 50% is admission of the problem.

Those of us that have argued the fact our corrosion was caused by “Manufacturing Defects", which every problem is, and have sent "Data Access Requests" to VW showing we have every intention to take them to the small claims court, have got them to relent. I was prepared to get a report written report from a "Court Approved" assessor with NO TIES TO VW or recommended by them, in order to prove all my issues were manufacturing defects that VW and the industry are aware of.

It’s down to you how far you wish to go. They knew I would go to the courts because as soon as they started with this 50% factory goodwill poo I started the process gathering evidence and explaining what my course of action would be. The only person I know who got close to court, succeeded on the day before the hearing.
VW know they can’t win because they have set a presentence with me, the gentleman I just mentioned re. court action, who owns the site http://www.rustingvolkswagen.co.uk and others that have taken the same route we have. Naturally this route offers no guarantees of success, but its proven dividends up to now.

baldybouncer
B3

Post by baldybouncer » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:27 am

My Passat is due back from the body shop today after only offering a final 50% contribution... I managed to get them to accept a 5% only contribution but not without a fight.

The customer services people at VW are only in place to try and put you off claiming - go past them and make as much fuss and noise as you can - VW know they have an issue and will try to not pay out...

Find a decent dealer that is prepared to fight your corner - Wrexham VW did just that for me ...

max_gain

Post by max_gain » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:19 am

That’s the exact stance you must take to get a result...

Jump up and down, threaten court, plaster images of your rusty car across the web, on Twitter, Facebook and any other outlet.

Just don’t give in because like BB above said, their cust services are playing damage limitations with us all. This is all its about with VW. The fact they nearly always offer 50% "Factory Goodwill" is simply admission of the problem.

Fight it and you will pay dividends.