Emergency response please

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mattbarber
B2
Passat model: B5.5 Highline

Emergency response please

Post by mattbarber »

Hi all,

My parents are in Spain at the moment and my mother has just had her handbag stolen - cash, cards, mobile etc, along with the spare key for my dad's Passat B6 Sport TDI 140 Estate 05 55 plate.

They are both ok which is the main thing, and my question is this, can my dad take his car to a local dealer and have the frequency changed on the key he still has?

My concern is that the criminals will maybe see / look for the car and steal it. The handbag was snatched only a few miles away from the house that they are renting for the next month.

They came out of the supermarket and some guy pointed out a flat tyre to them, whilst offering to and changing the spare wheel, his accomplice sneaked off with my mums handbag. Oldest one in the book, Brits on holiday, GB sticker / plates etc. Police arrived, and were helpful but not hopeful.

I am raging right now that my parents have been taken to the cleaners. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Just wondered if the operating frequency of the key can be changed to knock out the stolen spare. I suspect that they can't change it, but any ideas would be great. The stolen key had stopped working as luck would have it, but I would have thought a new battery would make it work fine.

Really hope to hear soon, thanking you in advance.

Matt

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login