23 faults in 3 years, engine management light

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

andy boy

23 faults in 3 years, engine management light

Post by andy boy »

Warranty has just run out on my 2.0 auto estate dpf 170 sport [BMR engine] oct 2007 first reg
We have had the car in the service department for longer than we have driven it !
Since we purchased it [May 2008] we have had 23 faults that have had to be sorted out by warranty.
The last 7 problems have been as a result of the engine management light coming on. Dealers have replaced 3 ignition wiring looms, 6 injectors,a diff pressure sensor , a boost soleanoid valve and latterly a EGR valve.
Even the dealers are not convinced that the light will not come back on again but VW cust services will not listen and refuse to accept there is an ongoing problem.
Now the warranty has run out we had to pay for the last repair [under protest ]
VW made an 80% contribution but I feel that as this is an ongoing problem I should not have paid a penny.
Also I am not convinced that they have diagnozed the true problem. We picked it up today and will cross our fingers .
A solicitor we had a consultation with says we should be offered extended warranty by VW and that we take up the matter with the HP company .
Is it just me .... ?!
:(( :(( :(( :(( :((

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login