Air bag fault after fitting Xcarlink ipod

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Raw
B1
Passat model: B6 Sport

Air bag fault after fitting Xcarlink ipod

Post by Raw »

I fitted an Xcarlink Ipod adapter to my RDC300 last night and it works fine. When I came to drive the car this morning I notice there is an airbag fault identified on start-up and the airbag light does not go off. (actually it does go off for a second them comes back on). The only thing relating to the air bags that I touched was to unplug the "Passenger airbag off" light in the trim surrounding the radio. that is now plugged back in the correct way. I routed the Xcarlink unit from next to the cubby hole by the drivers right knee (where the unit is) under the steering wheel and up the side of the centre-console behind the plastic trim into the radio space.

Any Ideas what I've done?

I would like to know if it's possible to somehow reboot the car or clear the fault codes without VAGCOM, is it worth unplugging the battery for a while?

Ideally somebody local to me (West Yorkshire) with VAGCOM would be willing to reset my fault codes, if you are that person please PM me and I'll arrange to pop over to yours at a convenient time over the weekend.

Any help and advice gratefully received.

Cheers,

Andy "raw" Skelton

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login