Help and advice needed

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

chris190
Passat model: B6

Help and advice needed

Post by chris190 »

Hi all, bought my 06 Passat tdi sport 2 months ago privatly and to be honest its been a nightmare :sad:

Its done 110k but has full vw history and drives well (or should i say did!), its a bit of a tale but here goes.

Two weeks ago car lost power and the exhaust emissions warning light came on, as the car was so slow and we had our babies on board we had the car recovered to home, when it came off the transporter it was all ok (typical!) but the next morning i decided to take it to a friends garage to have the codes read, when i came to move it it had no power agian but no warning light on.

Drove it to mates garage and the diagnostic box was showing "boost control valve" so this was changed and all was ok for 20 miles then no power again, my golf had a similar prob a few months ago and it was the MAF sensor so i asked them to change that and they did but still had same problem :mad:
At this point my mate got a friend in who works at our local VW dealer, he pluged in the dealers diagnostic machine and it said EGR valve so that was changed.
Finally it seems to be fixed now BUT before all this trouble i notice a slight hesitation when on a light throttle (when cruising at just under 2000rpm), its still there :sad:
Any ideas bearing in mind what ive already had done what the hesitation might be??

Also while it was on the diagnostic it is showing slightly low oil pressure on start up, the guy from the dealer said it needs an oil pump asap as failure is common at this mileage and when it goes there is very little warning :shock: So its going back in next week for a pump :(

I have now lost all confidence in the car and am seriously considering cutting my losses and trading it in, the thing is though i really like it, its a black sport estate and i think it looks great!

So just to ask again, any ideas on the hesitation issue? The vw diagnostic is now showing no faults (other than the oil pressure)

Thanks for reading my long first post, Chris

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login