F.Y.I. B6 owners out there

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

caribsimon
B1
Passat model: B6 TDI

F.Y.I. B6 owners out there

Post by caribsimon »

One problem that I have encountered since owning my B6, is the washer jets are a little tempremental. Sometimes they will work and others, water jets will spray out in funny weird directions.

Recently the jets stopped working completely. I soaked them in hot water, still blocked. I even socked them in kettle de-scaller to try and clear them, but nothing worked.

Today I popped into my local VW dealer and explained the problem. The gent on the parts / service desk wasn't at all surprised. He asked what I was using as screen wash and I explained that I used the Halfords own screenwash. He explained that this is a common problem, as with time Screenwashs clog up to the jets and eventually block them up completely, with no way of un-clogging. He explained that they had even connected a jet to a compressed air gun, but still failed to clear a blockage.

His advise to only use the VW concentrate as it was designed to work with the special jets on B6's. Initially I was a bit concerned about the cost, however a 1L bottle only cost just under £3. You only need 2 -3 cap fulls of concentrate per re-fill, so this should work out much cheaper than Halfrauds...... The VW concentrate has a nice lemon smell aswell, so it should stop the water going stale.

In this case I had to buy 2 new washer jets (about £6 each), so not too expensive. But a lesson that I wanted to share with the forum.

I hope this helps !!!

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login