[RECOVERED] Electric Handbrake & AutoHold

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Dithane
B1

[RECOVERED] Electric Handbrake & AutoHold

Post by Dithane »

Electric handbrake & Auto Hold

ukpassats.co.uk Forum Index -> PASSAT B6

mac7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:16 pm Post subject: Electric handbrake & Auto Hold

Okay, as I own one I thought I'd start adding a few comments/info for future B6 owners.

The electric handbrake is a great gadget but you MUST specify the Auto hold option, which at £35 should be standard across the range (it's standard on DSG cars only). Autohold dos exactly what it says and holds the pressure in the brake lines when yoiu stop, so the car doesn't roll away if you lift of the brake pedal. It then releases automatically when you pull off.

Makes hill starts a doddle. But try doing a hill start in a car without Autohold...

dubbed_up_daz
B5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:11 pm

i had a short shot of a mk5 jetta dsg at a svag mega meet and the brakes were lethal lol,just breathed on them whilst slowly rolling(without a belt on Embarassed )and got garfielded,was expecting to slightly roll on the incline so wasnt expecting the brick wall and hold effort that i got. Wasnt funny at the time but laugh about it now

sometimes lol

passat b5 estate,18" porkers chop, fk coilovers,jap front insert,stubby aerial,tints,short german plate*swapped*

mk1 jetta 2dr 16v,project

crit71

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: Electric handbrake & Auto Hold

mac7 wrote:
Okay, as I own one I thought I'd start adding a few comments/info for future B6 owners.

The electric handbrake is a great gadget but you MUST specify the Auto hold option, which at £35 should be standard across the range (it's standard on DSG cars only). Autohold dos exactly what it says and holds the pressure in the brake lines when yoiu stop, so the car doesn't roll away if you lift of the brake pedal. It then releases automatically when you pull off.

Makes hill starts a doddle. But try doing a hill start in a car without Autohold...
Cheers for that info mac...I've ordered mine with the auto hold and a few other little extras too Wink

pied piper

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:44 pm

Laughing Hi there, I shall be one of you lot on the 1. of June, picking my tdi
up from here http://www.autostadt.de/info/cda/main/0 ... ~1,00.html

2.o tdi Lim Highline, bluegraphite, Buisness,Macausportspack, Autohold of corse.

See you Autoholders soon
Andy

pied piper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:49 pm

oops there it is, oops there it is, oops there it is http://www.passatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2596

ahhh it´s the last post obviously

pied piper

[END RECOVERED TOPIC]

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login