Fuel Consumption :-(

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

DerekH
Passat model: B6

Fuel Consumption :-(

Post by DerekH »

With only 5000 miles on the clock of my CR140, I'm hoping that the engine is still a bit stiff, but I'm really disappointed with the fuel consumption, especially in the first mile, compared to my old B5. Not only that but the computer is wildly over-optimistic (on the last full-to-full refill it reported 48 (I'd hoped for 50), but the pump at the garage tells a different story - just over 43, which is awful for mixed motoring)

Instead of getting the 2.5% less MPG than my old B5 that the official figures suggest, I seem to be about 13% under (and it's not heavy right foot). That's a lot of extra pounds on my fuel bill.

Is it likely to be a stiff engine? A problem? Par for the course with all the extra complexity under the bonnet?

And on a similar tack, how is it that the Passat Saloon and the new Golf Estate both have a CR140 engine, and both have the same on-the-road weight, but the performance and economy of the Golf is better, the latter noticeably so.

DerekH

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login