Help Please Bit Fallen Off Door Handle

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Method Man
still on the production line
Passat model: B6 2.0 TDI SE140

Help Please Bit Fallen Off Door Handle

Post by Method Man »

Only had my B6 for four days, opened the passenger rear door last night only to have part of it fall off.

This is what it looks like now:

and these are the bits that I managed to catch

and

I've tried pushing the metal unit back into its slot in the door internals but it's not connecting with or being retained by any lugs and just falls back out.

The parts bloke at my local VW dealer has confirmed that I'm not missing anything and suggested that the metal bit might be retained by a torx bit located behind a rubber grommet on the side of the door.

Can anyone help me out on this one please as I'm loathed to have a 130 mile round trip to the place where I got it from to have an argument with them about who's responsible for fixing it.

Thanks fellas - any help would be really appreciated as I'm a bit miffed to say the least!
The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login