Hi All! Newbie with Passat R36 (Launch control advise pls)

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

RussClarke
still on the production line
Passat model: R36

Hi All! Newbie with Passat R36 (Launch control advise pls)

Post by RussClarke »

Hi all, newbie here. Picked up my first Passat a few weeks ago. Its an '09 Passat R36 Estate (coming from an '07 Golf GTI Edition 30). Really pleased with it so far, love the exterior looks, the noise, the DSG box is great and I'm also loving the interior, especially the seats and the 510 headunit. I hope the picture shows up ok, sorry about the quality but I only had a camera phone to hand!

The main reason from the post apart from getting involved in the forum was to ask about launch control. It doesn't seem to work on my car so I assume it has not been activated.
When I put the car in 'S' mode with my left foot on the brake (ESP off) and press the accelerator, rather than just rev freely you can feel that the clutch is still engaged as it pulls to drive off/lurches .
I assume it is something that can be activated by a dealer? I'm not really sure though, so if someone could clarify that would be great. I'd rather ask here first than talk to the dealer as they do sometimes come across as a bit clueless!

Thanks, Russ

R36 Estate (Biscay Blue)

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login