Front & rear doors and lashings of rubber

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

DerekH
Passat model: B6

Front & rear doors and lashings of rubber

Post by DerekH »

Hello
Anybody care to spend 30 seconds looking at their own Passat and replying? Ta muchly!

I moved from a B5 Passat Estate to a B6 R-Line Passat in September and it's been back to the garage for rather more warranty work than I expected. In fact I've been back to the garage more times in 2 months than I'd been in the previous 3 years.
When it went in to have the doors refitted and the paintwork touched up as a result (yes... both front doors scraped the sills when opened past half way), I reported that the rubberwork wasn't right.

When I open the front passenger door, it reveals the front edge of the rear left door.
The top half of the front edge of the rear door is shrouded in some serious rubber.
The bottom edge had an ill-fitting rubber sleeve that was sliding down the rear door.
I decided to look at the driver's side. I opened the driver's door to see the front edge of the rear right door.
The bottom half of the front edge was naked - just painted metal.
Two doors. Two different amounts of rubber. Obviously not right.

Before I tell you what my Main Dealer did about it, I'd like to find out from you what you see on the BOTTOM HALF of the front edge of your rear doors when you open the front doors and look at what is revealed.

It's barking mad, I know, but please help, so that I can march back to my dealer with a clear view about what SHOULD be on show!

Cheers....

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login