Engine Fault when starting.

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

whitwood76

Engine Fault when starting.

Post by whitwood76 »

I am looking for some advice if possible please.

2-3 weeks ago I started to have problems starting the Passat (SE 2.0 TDI 2005 model) first thing in the morning. It would fail to start and give an Engine Fault Error. I left it a few seconds and it started then and ran fine once started.

The problem persisted and got a bit more regular and also the Emissions Garage error came on. I am out of warranty, so I had a friend in the trade have a look at it first and he replaced the Glow plugs.

The next day the same starting issues + Engine fault and the day after the Emssions Garage was back, so I took it to the VW dealer, who after charging £70 for the diagnostics told me the errors were switched off and to try it for the weekend and if it carried on I would need the injector loom replacing (£300).

As predicted it would not start first time and the Emissions error came on again, so I took it in this week and they replaced the injector loom which they assured me would fix the problem. It has not. Although the Emissions garage error has not come back yet I still get the Engine fault error and it fails to start first time.

I am wondering if the £300 for the injector loom was even necessary? It has only done 37,000 miles. As the garage has still not remedied the fault should I be getting charged anymore? I told them I was not paying anything else when I booked it in.

What are my rights in this case?

Many thanks in advance and sorry it is so long winded.

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login