Air con low pressure error code in vcds

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

cbbella
still on the production line
Passat model: B6 Bluemotion2

Air con low pressure error code in vcds

Post by cbbella »

Last summer my aircon wasn't kicking in so I connected vcds and it came back with a low pressure error. I took it to a garage and told them about the error and asked if they would put the die in and check for a leak. He connected the machine and set it away but it never sucked any refrigerant out so it obviously had a leak.

The machine was making some beeping noises and he kept on pressing a button. He ended up putting 600grams of refrigerant in and the aircon now worked. I said what about the dye and he told me it wasn't leaking. I just knew he was bullshitting me.

I ended up going back 6weeks later as it had stopped working. I spoke to the manager about putting the dye in and he said he would put it in. He then got the same lad who done it 1st time around to do it again. He set the machine away again and left it to do it's thing. I stood by the machine while he was doing other jobs and then it started beeping again.

I looked and it was giving an error saying it needed the UV dye filled up. I told the lad there was no die in and said he didn't need it as the car didn't have a leak. I said of course it has a leak as the first time it never sucked any refrigerant out but this time it had sucked 40 grams out so there was 560grams missing from the 600 you put in 6weeks ago.

He just kept on pressing a button to overide the error. I realise now that this was what he had been doing the first time when it was beeping. I knew I wasn't getting anywhere and that he wasn't going to put the dye in so he filled it up again and I left without paying thinking what a bunch of cowboys.

I now need to find a decent garage in the newcastle area to sort this. Can anyone recommend anywhere and also what the problem might be/where It could be leaking from. The car is an 09plate B6 110bhp bluemotion
2009 B6 Passat Estate 2.0TDI (81kW/110hp) Bluemotion2 (Engine Code CBDC)

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login