DSG gearbox issue ?

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

paul.dixon
still on the production line
Passat model: B6

DSG gearbox issue ?

Post by paul.dixon »

Can anybody advise me if I actually have a problem with my gearbox ?
I disconnected the battery for a couple of minutes and since reconnecting it when I select D or R the car rolls when on a slope , i/e when in R and the car is pointing down hill the car will roll forward & will only go in reverse when I use a lot of throttle , this did not happen before the battery was disconnected , the previous owner ( my father ) had a software update done on the gearbox as he suffered with the same problem. Once updated it was fine & would hold on an incline ( without auto hold on ) & would even creep up the incline without any throttle
Have I made the gearbox forget the update by disconnecting the battery ?
This problem has been aparent for the last 2 days , but today when I drove the car today & deliberately stopped on as many hills as possible the fault has seemed to have lessened
Does the gearbox need to re aclimatise itself to my driving style ( sure have read somewhere that it does ?? ) or has it now settled down & I had just freaked it out by disconnecting the battery , any advice would be appreciated before I take it to VW for them to charge me an arm & a leg to disgnose a fault that is possibly not there
Oh by the way when on the move the gearbox changes up & down smoothly with no jerkiness or missing of gears , basically works 100% on the move , its just when I stop on an incline
Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated

This topic has 26 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login