May move to a B6 soon - DPF and remap Q's

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T5 2.5 4MO Kombi

May move to a B6 soon - DPF and remap Q's

Post by Mindriot »

I may do the unthinkable soon and move on from the B5.5 - mainly due to just needing something of a certain condition thats easier to keep in good order and improve.

Im very familiar with the B5 and 5.5 and relatively familiar with the B6 my father had one, moderately troubled in the grand scheme of B6 problem scale.

Probably looking at a 2005 to 2008 estate 2.0 TDI Sport (MANUAL not DSG), had enough of the PD130 - nice though it is sometimes nasty cams and other issues make me miss my AFN and mpg). Manual because I really dont fancy the financial horror of a knackered DSG out of warranty.

Thinking 140 model though a nice 170 would be welcome but I know less about their plusses and minuses.

Suspect Ill be looking at cars with the chain driven oil pump mostly, meaning the replacement drive work will be a necessary job.

Im probably looking probably at a pre DPF, pre CR model right? If not how much is a DPF knock through (delete) and ECU DPF delete/EGR delete + power increase but low smoke remap running at? (I cannot consider DPF replacement costs on my budget and some cars seem to need them replacing far too often).

Im painfully aware of EPB and other foibles.

Budget around the 2000 mark should I find a persuasive example.

This topic has 39 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login