MOT after SORN

something you need to ask , technical help here.

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

yekim_4321
Passat model: B6

MOT after SORN

Post by yekim_4321 »

Okay so my beloved Passat had been off the road for @1.5 yrs (for various reasons) decided to get it back on the road and was panic stricken over the EPB fault, so i charged my battery (car started immediately :-) ) used the instructions on here to reset the computer, 35 sec foot on brake then 10 sec holding switch in with foot on brake, bobs your uncle fanny's your aunt no more fault, that was Sunday 31/8 right i thought get it booked in for MOT as soon as, so Monday 1/9 at 9:30 car goes for MOT i knew about Tyre and asked them to sort it, wandered around town for over 1.5hrs worrying myself stupid about the handbrake, returned to the garage to find yep you guessed it, FAILED on both rear coil springs snapped and CV gaiter perished :0, £346 :(( later car is back on the road and touch wood no handbrake fault. Just goes to show how we can get hung up on things and miss everything else that's going on.

I know these cars have there faults but they are so quite and comfortable don't think i would ever change mine.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login